Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Conclusion, Day One

I'm soooo tired.
This fasting without Facebook thing 'aint for sissys... I'll tell ya what!
I'm allowed one full meal for the day. I finally ate at 7. Now I'm way too full -- as usual I took it one step too far. However, the day has been a good one, although busy.
My oldest daughter's school -- a private, Christian school about 30 minutes south of here -- has not had a hot lunch program.
About two weeks I accepted the challenge of trying to get a lunch program started. It now appears we'll be able to offer a hot lunch as of March 1. But it's been a lot of work and research, well worth my time, mind you, but it's a lot of work.
My husband left for vacation so there were the last minute preparations for the take off.
I also took six kids to Ash Wednesday mass and out to lunch this afternoon. So I was on the road a lot.
About 2 p.m. I had a bowl of chicken noodle soup. I looked down at my hands and saw my hands shaking unusually bad so felt it was best to eat a little something. Then I cam home and the kids had made cupcakes.. red velvet...one of my favorites... so the fasting quickly went out the window.
I really miss Facebook. I have questions for friends on facebook and will now have break down and actually call them on the phone or actually, get this, talk to them in person.
The convenience of taking care of something at the moment I think about it is something I've apparently been taking for granted.
I'm truly hooked on the show Faces of America, the latest PBS series. I'm off now to watch it and catch up on some rest. I'll check in tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment