Monday, February 22, 2010

Burdens lifted and getting in the groove

I am getting used to this lack of Facebook, but I don't like it. I really miss my friends. I really miss having easy access to so many of them to ask questions or chat or whatever.
Today has been a pretty productive day and, in general, a good weekend. Yesterday, I got the sewing room cleaned out so I just have to deep clean there. It's the one room I manage to get cleaned most consistently. I have a huge quilt to get done in time for a May graduation, plus I need to build some cushions for a camper... (that's a long story. I'll save it for later) So, I needed this room cleaned up. Plus my niece came over to work on a sewing project with my sister. And, my sister loaned me a serger so I could make some pot holders for the school kitchen and practice with the serger. Pretty cool.
So today I got the living room cleaned up -- not a small task, since we had dumped a bunch of unmatched socks in the middle of the living room. To give you some example of what a mess this was, let me point out we found 78 pairs of socks. I dumped half a garbage can full of unmatched socks. I hate throwing out the socks, but there is obviously no reason to keep them, they're just taking up space.
I finished paying bills. And actually remember to put a few things in the mail. I'm notorious for writing out checks or filling out forms and sticking them in my purse without actually mailing them.
I worked out a little bit. I opened the Jillian Michaels game for the Wii. I bought several months ago on a clearance sale. I'm not sure why. I don't actually even like Jillian Michaels. It sucked. I'm getting rid of it. I played with Wii Fit for a while and now hurt... a lot.
Then, a friend who had moved away last year stopped in for a visit. That involved visiting while I drove down to Jerome to quickly inventory some groceries in the school lunchroom, pick up katy and come home.
I fixed a quick dinner and then we had to dash off for a wrestling practice. Cj got kicked in the teeth -- an accident. Dropped the car pool kids off.
Now I'm home.
I can honestly say I wouldn't have gotten that much done if I had gotten lost on Facebook.
In other excellent news, there was only one person I've ever unfriended on Facebook. Just over a year ago, she accused me of something. I said stupid stuff and the friendship ended. This was difficult as we have lots of mutual friends and our kids are friends.
But we're both pretty stubborn...
I saw her at a school function last week and she didn't frown at me or anything. It seemed nicer than it had been. I wanted to talk to her, but I figured she wouldn't talk to me.
Then, Saturday, I got a text from her asking for forgiveness.
Wow.
I had missed our friendship, but she had hurt me a lot -- and I suppose I hurt her too.
I felt like a huge rock had been lifted off my heart.
And I felt really lucky that she valued my friendship enough to try to make things better.
In the same way it felt good to get a room clean up and and remove the clutter, it felt good to have this personal clutter removed from my heart. I had to apologize for my stupid mouth and own up to what had happened in our friendship.
A nice way to celebrate Lent, I think.
And when I'm back on Facebook... I'll "friend her again".

2 comments:

  1. You're blessed. A friendship of mine died a painful death, and it was both our faults. Thing is, she won't ever own up to her part of the end of the friendship. And, even "funnier" is that she's all big Christian now, all forgivness and all. Given the chace I would forgive her if she would forgive me, but I'm not going to be given that chance. I'm still sad and mad about it all. Sad mostly, she was a good friend during a rather difficult time in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great post!! what a day! hope Cj's mouth is better he looked happy today when i saw him at school

    ReplyDelete