Tuesday, January 5, 2010

You hoooo, I'm right here!

Welcome to the first post in my new blog. I've called it Karma Found because I've spent the last few years trying to find me.
Ta - Da!
Here I am.
I was here the whole time, just hiding behind the part of me that found comfort in living in fear.
No more.
There is no fear in what is real.
I am real. I am nowhere near perfect. I'm flawed. I'm often confused. Normally late.
Moody. Artistic. Intelligent. Kind. Silly. Loving. Passionate.
I'm a lot of things, but until recently, the only way I could define myself was "fat".
That is part of what I look like, but it is not what I am and I don't want to describe myself as just that anymore.
I'm a mother. A writer. An activist.
I'm strong, athletic and driven.
How I look, my pants size, my waist line compared to someone elses???
They mean nothing.
I mean everything.
In this blog I'll chronicle my life, my loves and this flight of fancy called life.
I hope you'll fly with me.

3 comments:

  1. Amen Sistah! Yes you are these wonderful things Karma. I look forward to reading your future postings. Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. How interesting, I have been contemplating the whole flawed aspects of human nature recently as well. Every human is flawed and great at the same time and we have to work within that reality...it serves no purpose to spend so much energy trying to fit into a fantasy of perfection and just makes us neurotic. And that energy is so precious to waste on such an endeavor. What is perfection anyway? It is a myth. Working within the reality of our humanity means accepting the un-pleasantries as well as the pleasantries of ourselves and others. I also highly recommend the book "Women Who Run With the Wolves".

    ReplyDelete