Sunday, January 10, 2010

Catching up!

Been away from the blog for a couple of days. But I wanted to catch up on my challenge to do something good for ourselves each day.
SO here goes:
Friday January 8:
What I did for myself: Got a massage.
Sometimes, especially when we're not feeling body confident, it's hard to even imagine letting someone else touch us. However, I have to say massage is one of the greatest gifts we can give ourselves. A competent and professional therapist offers healing and comfort. One of my favorite parts of my massages is when my therapist (and dear friend and neighbor) massages my tummy. This is a part of my body I'm sometimes very ashamed of. Initially I was nervous about letting anyone touch my stomach. But it did my tummy and my heart good to allow a loving and therapeutic touch. It always eases my anxiety over my stomach.
What inspired me today: My daughter is taking voice lessons and she has a beautiful voice!
What I'm listening to: Soul Sister by Train
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVpv8-5XWOI
Just a fun song.
Saturday January 9:
What I did for myself: Did 30 minutes on Wii Fit plus. The kids joined me (as I needed instruction) I can no longer lift my arms, but had a great time
What inspired me today: I can always tell when I'm on the right path because doors just fly open. I had a great conversation with one of the teachers from Katy's school about some ideas I wanted to bring to the table there.
What I'm listening to: My daughter is learning the song I am a Friend of God for school
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcxKRsn-hGc
Sunday January 10, 2010
What I did for myself today: I cleaned out my closet. I'm telling you it was ridiculous in there. CLuttered, crowded and dirty. I couldn't find anything. So I cleaned it out and ended up with three 30-gallon garbage bags of clothes and shoes to give to someone else. If it didn't fit like a glove and make me feel special -- it is gone!
What inspired me today: Being able to walk into my closet without stepping on anything and finding something that blesses my body.
What am I listening to: ME! I forced myself to turn off my inner critic today and just enjoy the silence and the gifts of my own thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment